FixtureFlash - 03-20-2002

  • From: Randy Morrison <rpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'fixtureflash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <fixtureflash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 11:33:48 -0800

FixtureFlash

PCB Fixturing Solutions brought to you by SP Precision
  _____

March 20, 2002

Bridges? Kill 'em some more!

Wow, the last issue of FixtureFlash generated a lot of feedback and
bridge-killing tip. Thanks for all of your input, we appreciate and
encourage you to share all of your feedback and experiences.
Today's tip is simple, and can be quite effective in minimizing bridging. It
requires no special hardware attachments. Ready?
Angle the PCB pocket.
Notice how the PCB pocket in the photo below is presented to the wave at an
angle relative to the direction of flow. This method keeps the fine-pitch
leads from traveling through the wave in a single-file line. Each lead will
have its own wave real estate to travel through, making it far less likely
that the leads in front will bridge to successive following leads. This
method can also be used in conjunction with the solder thief method we last
discussed. This could be a good thing for you to try next time you encounter
a potential bridging problem in your wave solder process. Good luck, we hope
this trick works for you, and until next time, happy assembly!

  _____

Thank you

SP Precision would like to thank everybody for reading FixtureFlash. We hope
you find this information useful.
Your comments about FixtureFlash are more than welcome and greatly
appreciated.  <mailto:rpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=FixtureFlash_Feedback>
Click here to email your feedback.

And, If you ever have any questions or concerns regarding PCB fixturing,
please email or call. We are here to help you. Thanks again for helping to
make SP Precision the best and most responsive PCB assembly fixture
manufacturer in North America.
  _____

Contact Information

Website:
 <http://www.spprecision.com/> www.spprecision.com

Information / Sales:
 <mailto:sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Find all company contact information here:
 <http://www.spprecision.com/company/contact/contact.htm>
www.spprecision.com/company/contact/contact.htm

SP Precision International
2660 SE 39th Loop
Hillsboro, OR 97123
Phone: (503) 357-9228
Fax: (503) 357-1202
Toll Free (Outside Oregon): 1-800-PALLETT (725-5388)
  _____

Removal from newsletter

You are receiving the FixtureFlash Newsletter because you have previously
expressed interest in SP Precision's product line.
If you wish to be removed from future mailings, please follow this simple
two-step process.
here and hit the send button. The system will email you for confirmation.
2) Simply reply to the confirmation email and you will be automatically
unsubscribed.

  _____

Copyright © 2002 SP Precision International, Ltd. All rights reserved.
  _____