FixtureFlash - 03-05-2002

  • From: Randy Morrison <rpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'fixtureflash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <fixtureflash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 09:48:16 -0800

FixtureFlash

PCB Fixturing Solutions brought to you by SP Precision
  _____

March 5, 2002

Bridges? Kill 'em all!

Thanks for taking a few seconds to read this second issue of FixtureFlash.
The response from the first issue has been very positive overall, and we
hope you continue to get some valuable ideas for your fixture applications.
This issue deals with one way to combat component lead bridging during the
wave solder process. There are other ways, but we'll talk about them later.
Today's method involves solder thieves, or Bridge Killers. A bridge killer
is a piece of copper that is attached to the trailing edge of the wave
solder fixture aperture. The copper attracts any excess solder, reducing the
chance of bridging the component leads. Next time you run into a bridging
problem of your own, you may want to give this method a try. We hope this
little hint helps you in your process. Until next time, happy assembly!

  _____

Thank you

SP Precision would like to thank everybody for reading FixtureFlash. We hope
you find this information useful.
Your comments about FixtureFlash are more than welcome and greatly
appreciated.  <mailto:rpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=FixtureFlash_Feedback>
Click here to email your feedback.

And, If you ever have any questions or concerns regarding PCB fixturing,
please email or call. We are here to help you. Thanks again for helping to
make SP Precision the best and most responsive PCB assembly fixture
manufacturer in North America.
  _____

Contact Information

Website:
 <http://www.spprecision.com/> www.spprecision.com

Information / Sales:
 <mailto:sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Find all company contact information here:
 <http://www.spprecision.com/company/contact/contact.htm>
www.spprecision.com/company/contact/contact.htm

SP Precision International
2660 SE 39th Loop
Hillsboro, OR 97123
Phone: (503) 357-9228
Fax: (503) 357-1202
Toll Free (Outside Oregon): 1-800-PALLETT (725-5388)
  _____

Removal from newsletter

You are receiving the FixtureFlash Newsletter because you have previously
expressed interest in SP Precision's product line.
If you wish to be removed from future mailings, please follow this simple
two-step process.
here and hit the send button. The system will email you for confirmation.
2) Simply reply to the confirmation email and you will be automatically
unsubscribed.

  _____

Copyright © 2002 SP Precision International, Ltd. All rights reserved.
  _____