[fgmlug] Re: Recording Presentations

  • From: "Fr. Robert Bower" <frrobert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fgmlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 21:59:24 -0400

Question I have before we start recording presentations.

Do we want to post them to the website or post them to youtube and post the youtube videos on the website? The videos final destination will effect what format I put the videos in.

Thanks,

Fr. Robert Bower
Batushka's Web Hosting&  Design
frrobert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
574.850.7982
http://www.batushkas.com
http://www.batushkas.net

On 03/31/2011 07:44 PM, Fr. Robert Bower wrote:
The tool to capture is ffmpeg. I took an existing bash script I found on the net and changed it to fit our needs and gave it a GUI.

The script I did can be found at http://www.batushkas.com/code/120-screen-capture-with-audio.html

Have fun.
Thanks,

Fr. Robert Bower
Batushka's Web Hosting&  Design
frrobert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
574.850.7982
http://www.batushkas.com
http://www.batushkas.net

On 03/30/2011 10:46 AM, Fr. Robert Bower wrote:
Chuq has requested several times that LUG presentations be converted to tutorials.

On occassion I have looked at tools but never with great vigor and my searching never found anything that worked well on my little eee and wasn't just a lot of work.

I have a found way to record the screen off my eee and audio from the microphone that seems to work well.

So lets try that at the next Lug and see how it goes.