Faculty Films newsletter The French Connection

  • From: <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <facultyfilms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 13:37:22 +0100 (CET)

Hey y'all!

In addition to this email, we would like to invite you to visite our
Facebook page for information about our movie nights:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_202642483083972

Or simply search Facebook for the group 'FacultyFilms'

This very Tuesday night, we will be seeing a pair of NYC cops in the
Narcotics Bureau stumble onto a drug smuggling job with a French
connection. With 5 Oscars, The French Connection (1971) has what it takes
to give you a movie night to remember. Bring all your friends to the
Cultural Centre at 21:00 this Tuesday!

Trailer: http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi2196898073/

William Friedkin's gritty police drama portrays two tough New York City
cops trying to intercept a huge heroin shipment coming from France. An
interesting contrast is established between 'Popeye' Doyle, a
short-tempered alcoholic bigot who is nevertheless a hard-working and
dedicated police officer, and his nemesis Alain Charnier, a suave and
urbane gentleman who is nevertheless a criminal and one of the largest
drug suppliers of pure heroin to North America. During the surveillance
and eventual bust, Friedkin provides one of the most gripping and
memorable car chase sequences ever filmed.

Entrance: Free
Language: English
Genre: Action / Crime / Thriller
Length: 104 minutes

Source:  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067116/

We hope to welcome you this Tuesday evening the 22nd of February!

Cultural Centre, Mekelweg 10, Delft at 21:00!

Subject field OR
visit the list webpage at //www.freelists.org/list/facultyfilms

FacultyFilms