Faculty Films newsletter Live music & The Boat that Rocked

  • From: <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <facultyfilms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 23:24:40 +0100 (CET)

Hey y'all!

February 8th, "The Boat that Rocked" at 20:00.

This very Tuesday night, we're tacking you back to the ?70s with ?The boat
that rocked? (2009), a movie full of music. This will be followed by a
live performance of 70ties music by ?Ockhuysen & Bus?! Of course, all of
this will be totally free of charge!

Because of this full program, our movie will start at 20:00 instead of our
usual 21:00.

Trailer: http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1266090521/

"The Boat That Rocked" is an ensemble comedy in which the romance takes
place between the young people of the '60s and pop music. It's about a
band of rogue DJs that captivated Britain, playing the music that defined
a generation and standing up to a government that, incomprehensibly,
preferred jazz. The Count, a big, brash, American god of the airwaves;
Quentin, the boss of Radio Rock -- a pirate radio station in the middle of
the North Sea that's populated by an eclectic crew of rock and roll DJs;
Gavin, the greatest DJ in Britain who has just returned from his drug tour
of America to reclaim his rightful position; Dave, an ironic, intelligent
and cruelly funny co-broadcaster; and a fearsome British government
official out for blood against the drug takers and lawbreakers of a
once-great nation.

Entrance: Free
Language: English
Genre: Drama / Comedy / Music / Romance
Length: 116 minutes

Source:  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1131729/

We hope to welcome you this Tuesday evening the 8th of February!

Cultural Centre, Mekelweg 10, Delft at 20:00!