[f2g] F2G changes

  • From: "Angelique Moses" <angeliquemoses@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: f2g@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 18:35:45 -0600

Hiya, everyone!  Long time no see!  I'm terribly sorry about the lack of
updates lately, but i've been spending all my time doing some major
restructive surgery.  You may have noticed that the original URL is still
not working.  I'm currently fighting the server tech support, who want me to
completely reset my account, which would mean LOTS of hours of FTPing.  But
the http://f2gtemp.angelq.net is working fine.  And it's all new.  At first
it looks quite similar, but what i've done is turn the entire site into a
database.  This is great because it makes adding one fic a real snap.  It
might actually take me a whole minute, LOL.  Before I had to write the code
and then stick that code into each of about seven pages in alphabetical
order.  Now the database does all that for me.  You can now view fics in
order of title, author, rating, size, newest, recs, and custom search.  The
recs are a new function, exactly like Ephemeral.  Just vote once, please!
:-)  The search function is a bit limited right now, but i hope to change
that soon.  Currently it will search for one word or one phrase.  For
example, you can find all the fics labeled "MSR" but you can't see ones
labeled both "MSR" and "UST."  But if you did a search for "Moose and
Squirrel," it will find fics that include that phrase in the summary.  Of
course, you have to spell "squirrel" correctly.

Anyway, long story short: F2G shines like a new penny!  Please go check it
out and report any and all errors to me asap.  And send some fic requests my
way!  Let's see if it's going to be as easy as I think.  ;-)