[eyeswideopennetwork] Small group this week

  • From: David Ireland <irelandfam@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: eyeswideopennetwork@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 09:49:07 +0000 (GMT)

Hi guys,

Hope you are all well and enjoying the return of the sunshine!!

Just to let you know that small group is happening as usual this week:
Wednesday, 7.30 at the Church Centre. This week we have a guest speaker called
Phil Thomas. Phil works for Friends International which is an evangelical
mission agency
              dedicated to encouraging and equipping UK churches to reach
international
              students for Christ. He works with churches across Leeds and the
University CU's and is coming to speak to us about the international students
ministry here at St. Georges and how we as a small group could support this.

If you are around, I would really encourage you to come down. Its always really
exciting to hear how God is working through ministries across the church and I
think that sometimes we can miss all that God is doing because St. Georges is
such a big church and there is so much going on. Its also really encouraging to
hear about how all the different ministries across the church form the wider
body and fit together - so do come on down to hear Phil if you're around.

If you're not around Leeds, please do keep us posted with your news and prayer
requests. We love hearing from you and being encouraged by all the great stuff
that you guys are doing and all the exciting times you're having.

Look forward to seeing some of you on Wednesday,
Dave