[eyeswideopennetwork] From Tim

  • From: Richard Miller <ric.miller83@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: eyeswideopennetwork@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 16:42:57 +0100

Sorry for the delay in this, me being slack not adding Tims email address
onto the system.

Cheers

Ric

Hey Guys.

Sorry for being slightly MIA for a while. Due to regular power cuts and
dodgy broadband internet isnt the easiest thing to get on to.

So I am halfway through my time here in India. I'll just give you a quick
low down on a few snippets about here before the internet dies.

1. I have eaten about double my body weight in rice so far. The food is
great, though im sure by the end of the month i will be craving something
different to eat. Maybe a cheese sandwich.

2. I'm doing the usual medical student doctoring stuff. Ward rounds, out
patients, clinics, surgery etc. But all completely different to the UK. So
much malaria. And I definately thank God for local anaethetic and analgesia.
I watched a patient having a maggot filled foot abcess being evacuated
without any. Safe to say she was in excruciating pain. I was wincing for
her.

3. One job I got given to do was a preschool check up for about 50 children.
Im not sure whether it was due to not coming to the doctors v often or that
they had never seen a white person before but they looked absolutely
terrified when they sat in front on me. All the more confirmed by their
racing heart beats.

4. Its fairly quiet here so getting quite a lot of reading done. Im told
slowing down is good for you sometimes. Im still not so convinced.

5. Though I am playing quite a lot of sport. Badminton mostly. The only
downside is that the staff here seem to have got it into their heads that
545 in the morning in the best time to play. Ha. O well.

6. Im trying to learn some words in the local language. The response I
regularly get is many bursts of laughter so i dont think im getting very
far. But Im still trying.

Anyways. The internet is on a go slow so I had better send this email.

Big love

Tim