RE: winmail.dat

  • From: Sahidur.Rahman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 16:44:10 +0600

yes. I had the same problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: Amanda Watkinson [mailto:amanda.watkinson@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2002 3:36 PM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] winmail.dat

http://www.MSExchange.org/

We have several users who when they send an attachment with their email,
the attachment is being changed to a winmail.dat file and cannot be opened
by the recipient.
I have looked on the Microsoft site and have found that this file is
usually added to an email when the recipients email system cannot
interpret TNEF (Outlook Rich Text Format).  However, my problem is that
this file is not being attached in addition to the original attachement,
but is actually replacing the original attachment.  I have tried switching
off RTF and using plain text instead.
Has anyone got any other ideas?
Thanks

$subst('Email.Unsub')