RE: why can't I see smtp connections?

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 10:27:11 -0500

John,
Its very normal you may not see any SMTP connections always in the
Sessions window. An SMTP session is established when another Exchange
server establishes a connection to deliver a message, and the sessions
closes immediately. In many instances, if you don't have a queue of SMTP
messages being processed slowly between the two servers, you really wont
see the sessions. If you keep refreshing the Session window rapidly, you
you may notice some sessions appearing and disappearing very rapidly,
most of the times less than 1 second. This is when a message is being
delivered to another Exchange server.

Regards,