[ExchangeList] which cluster?

  • From: Praveen Ramaswamy <ramaswamy_praveen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 22:44:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

We are planning to go in for Single copy cluster for exchange 2007 on windows 2008, but in future we may want to extend this cluster to different subnet in different building for DR purpose. Can we extend this cluster without any migrations or building a new cluster. i.e. by just adding additional passive nodes to this existing cluster in another subnet / building.

Currently we have bought SAN storage and servers for cluster to be implemented in one site, in future we may buy additional nodes for DR site.

Can you please share your thoughts and recommendations.

Regards

Praveen