virus on server

  • From: "Ruba Al Omari, Eng." <romari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 13:46:29 +0300

Hi all

I have exchange 2000, GFI mail security and GFI mail essentials
installed on it, NAV for Exchange, and NAV corporate edition client for
file scanning, all the recommended exclusions of the folders and
extensions are made (i.e. the inetsrv folder, the .edb, .log..stm,
etc.....)

I have Windows 2000 SP4, and exchange SP3, all hot fixes are up to date
(even October hotfixes all applied on the server) the exchange august
post service pack (though irrelevant to this is applied), server is not
open relay, behind a hardware firewall.

Bottom line how come the server still gets infected with Netsky and
other viruses?

Thanks for any help