RE: user not receiving messages

  • From: "A. Michael Salim" <msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 10:20:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

> 1) From the user mailbox, send a test message to yahoo, gmail whatever.

This works, message arrives at gmail.

> 2) From yahoo, gmail, reply back to the same message, does it arrive ?

Message does not show up in mailbox, nor does it bounce back to gmail.
message tracking center actually sees the message and claims it was
delivered to user.

> 3) If not, check the user Outlook profile, and confirm the default
> delivery location is the server mailbox, and not a Personal Folder.

I am checking from OWA, no message.  No Outlook client is connected.
Nothing in junk mailbox either.  Somehow the message is getting lost
between the time that Exchange gets it, and the message is supposedly
delivered to the Exchange user.

Mike