RE: user not receiving messages

  • From: "Steve Moffat" <steve@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 12:53:15 -0300

Are there any views applied??

Run outlook /cleanviews

-----Original Message-----
From: A. Michael Salim [mailto:msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2005 2:51 AM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] user not receiving messages

I am having a really strange issue with one user on an Exchange 2003 box
and am scratching my head.  All other users (some 120 user) are sending
and receiving messages fine, except for this one user.

When I send a message to the user (from remote, e.g. test messages from
gmail or hotmail), there is no bounce.  The Exchange server actually
sees the message, and the message tracker also shows the message in it's
logs and apparently claims that the message was delivered to the user.
But the user's mailbox always shows "no messages".  Event logs do not
show any errors.  The user does not have any filters or anything else
configured in Outlook that is swallowing the mesage (I confirmed this by
changing the password so even if the user had something wierd configured
in their Outlook, they would be blocked from pulling the message down
OWA also shows an empty mailbox.  The user is able to send messages, but
not receive.

It's almost as if the message is arriving at the exchange server, and is
being acceptted for delivery to the local user, and then disappearing
into some black hole.  Very odd.

Any ideas where I should look next?

List Archives:
World of Windows Networking: Leading
Network Software Directory:

The haggis is unusual in that it is neither consistently nocturnal nor diurnal,
but instead is active at dawn and dusk (crepuscular), with occasional forays
forth during the day and night.