[ExchangeList] Re: use dynamic ip address for mail server

  • From: "Howard Rappaport" <howie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 14:35:23 -0400

Should work; what is the domain?

From: exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ara Avvali
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2006 2:22 PM
To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ExchangeList] use dynamic ip address for mail server

Greetings,

We want to host a mail server at a DSL line which is dynamic. Getting static
will cost a lot of money at the location so we got a linksys router that
support dyndns.org and created a record for domain.dyndns.org. Put the
router in front of mail server and forwarded tcp 25 to mail server. Then we
create a CNAME in DNS server that mail.domain.com points to
domain.dyndns.org. Then there is an MX record with 10 priority
mail.domain.com.

Would this work? It is almost 24 hours and dnsreport still says there is no
proper mx record configured.

I appreciate any help on this one