RE: urgent help needed

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 08:49:50 -0500

I assume you have ADC in place. First you have to rename the user from
Active directory users and computers interface. Change the User logon
name:, pre-windows2000 logon name, and Exchange alias to reflect the new
name change.
Then from Exchange 5.5 administrator, open the user's mailbox
properties. Make sure the name changes are replicated correctly. After
this is done, depending on your  Site addressing policy, the user will
get a new SMTP email ID stamped. This may take a while. When the new
SMTP ID is stamped, the old email id will still remain as a proxy
address. So the user can still receive emails sent to the old address as
well. By default, the new email id will be the primary.