RE: upgrading Exchange 2003 to --->cluster

  • From: "Sanz de Leon, Juan Carlos" <jcsanz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 11:21:49 +0200

Your best move would be to purchase a third server... form a two node cluster (
with similar hardware) and then move the mailboxes from your standalone server
to the NEW cluster.

  Benefits:
        -  SAME HARDWARE For both nodes of cluster
        - New Database from scratch.... ( Not a repaired one. )
        - Plus all the benefits of having a cluster and Exchange on a cluster.

    If it´s not possible to purchase a third  server.... then I suggest you
create another stand-alone server and move 2000 mailboxes to that new server...

Good luck!

Juan Carlos Sanz de León

  _____