RE: uninstalling E2K

  • From: "Some1" <some1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 09:48:20 +0700

first, you have to delete all mailboxess in AD users and computers and do a
simply clean up at exchange system manager->servers->your server name->storage
group->mailbox store right click "mailboxes" and select "run cleanup agent".
right click on each mailbox name and select "purge" to delete the mailbox.

run CD setup e2k select "remove" wait until setup finish remove.

restart your server

to make sure everything are clean on AD database, run ADSI Edit tool (can be
found on w2k CD).
make sure Domain NC->DC=yourdomainame,DC=com->DC=microsoft exchange system
object has been deleted, if not right click and select "delete"

second thing is goto configuration
container->DC=configuration,DC=yourdomainname,DC=com->DC=services right click
on DC=microsoft exchange select "delete"

delete c:\program files\exchsrv folder!

hope this can help!!!
please be careful on editing AD database! wrong modifying will cause you server
not running properly!