[ExchangeList] Re: understanding distribution groups

  • From: "gabriel E. Rincon" <gerincon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 18:37:39 -0500

Distribution groups are meant to be used for sending email to multiple
recipients for example if sales is a distribution group, you can setup an email
address sales@xxxxxxxx  that you can then add members to.

Security groups can also receive email but have the added feature that you can
go to AD and assign security & permissions.

Global & Universal  groups are similar  Global encompasses one complete domain,
whereas  Universal is used when you have multiple domains in a forest and want
a particular group to be universally available

This is my summary understanding of groups.

Gabriel Rincón