RE: unable to receive mail from just one company

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 13:26:58 -0700

1. The fact that one of your DNS servers is not responding is fine?
2. The fact that one of your MX records points to a private IP address and
is not reachable from the Internet is fine?
3. The fact that the only mail server for your domain that is reachable from
the Internet is claiming to be something else other than the server name it
is supposed to be is fine?
4. Even worse, the fact that the name that server is claiming to be is not a
fully qualified domain name is fine?

I think some one needs to learn a little more about DNS.

As far as the problem at hand, you will have to contact the admin of the
sending domain and ask for copies or review of the log files to see exactly
what the SMTP conversation was.

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You