unable to change the name of server in RUS connections.

  • From: "Rajnish Malik" <rajnish@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 17:11:53 +0400

Hi Guys,

I have 9 Parent Child Domains (W2k & W2k3) running in 2000 Native mode.
My exchange server is sitting in parent root domain only.

RUS had connections with all child domains.

I had an old exchange 2000 server. We followed swing method to move the
mailboxes onto the newly created exchange server.

I managed to change all the required components except for one.

I'm not able to change RUS connection pointer to the new exchange server
on 5 child domains. Rest I managed to change successfully.

When I try to change the entry I give me an error message that you do
not have required permissions... Run /domainprep on the respective
domain.

I have run /domainprep on child domains but still the situation is same.

Anyone has any idea about it?

Await your reply.

Regards,

Rajnish