trend micro CSM 4 SMB ver 3.0 content filtering broken???

  • From: "Harondel J. Sibble" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 11:50:19 -0800

Hmmm, I am a smidge cranky, just got off the phone with the Trend Micro tech
support folks and was told something I find hard to believe.  Under version
2.0, if a SMEX content filter blocked a message because of certain words in
the email, there was a way to find out exactly what word or words caused the
blockage and either adjust the filter or adjust the email. I am told that in
version 3.0, this feature does not exist. You can see what policy trigged the
block in the dashboard, but cannot find out the specifics of the blockage.

Anyone running ver 3.0 and can comment on this?  I'm hoping someone can prove
this wrong.  IMO, this is a GLARING hole in the software.

They are sending me a feature request form to send to the developers on this.
--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting