RE: transaction logs...

  • From: "Rodney Minter" <RMinter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 09:13:47 +1100

Chris,

We sometimes do a backup other than our GFS Rotation System. We run a batch
file that does an NT Backup of Exchange.

I would do a backup over the network in your case but it may hinge on database
size as to how long it takes. This procedure deletes the log files.

Details:
We have a directory on c:\ as "Exchange_backup" which contains 2 files

1st File
exchangebackup.bat
------------------------------

ntbackup backup "@c:\exchange_backup\exchange.bks" /J "Exchange Backup" /F
"d:\exchange.bkf"

(We use d:\ as our backup location) - you may have to map a drive

2nd File
exchange.bks

m:\xyz.com\MBX\
JET ServerName\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group\

Then run the batch file.

Regards

Rodney