RE: transaction logs...

  • From: "Kim Cameron" <Kim.Cameron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 17:12:45 -0500

Chris,
If you enable circular logging and your server goes down, you will not be able
to recover your data.  Of course, if you aren't backing up your data now, I
gather that the data does not warrant recovery in such a case?   If so, then
sure, turn on circular logging.  If the data is worth having, it's worth
backing up.  And the only way to manage Exchange is by backing it up to allow
the log files to be purged.

You might want to pick up some "Best Practices" tips by reading, for instance,
Jim McBee's book "Exchange 2000 Server: 24x7" (http://tinyurl.com/7adh).  It's
a very pleasant read.

Kim Cameron

Messaging and Directory Resources