Re: to defrag the database

  • From: David C <davealanc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ExchangeList\]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 08:51:18 -0800 (PST)

A nightly defrag of the database occurs by default.  however this defrag does
not re-aquire the whitespace.  The eseutils /d command WILL recover the
whitespace after a defrag.  And services should be stopped for that.  Hope this
 Scott Van Singel <svansingel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If I want to defrag the database, do I only need to stop the Information store.

I am still working on the batch file to stop services and then defrag the

Also, what else should I run besides eseutil?  IE: isinteg and esefile?

Scott Van Singel
List Archives:
ISA Server Resource Site:

Do you Yahoo!?