the name could not be resolved

  • From: "David Hutton" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 04:11:52 -0600

After installing sp3 on exchange 5.5 W2K thinks that 5.5 is exchange 2000
add remove programs. When trying to configure any accounts through users
computers in W2k I am getting told that a newer version of exchange has
installed and that the console must be updated. Everyone who has an
is working fine but I can`t add any users from the client side ( I get the
message name could not be resolved. The name does not match a name in the
address list) and the global address book is gone. If anyone there has any
suggestions ( I am thinking about upgrading to exchange 2000 but would
prefer not to at present) I would be grateful