[ExchangeList] sudden Authntication pop for outlook 2007

  • From: Praveen Ramaswamy <ramaswamy_praveen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 05:44:12 -0700 (PDT)

We have Exchange 2007 SP1 roll up6  (on windows 2008 sp1)CAS server in 4 sites.
One site is separated by firewall and this site has the first CAS server
installed in the ORG. Issue is, outlook 2007 users are suddenly getting
authentication popup and this pop is from CAS server in different site. Not
able to understand why it tries to connect to CAS in other site.  We also
observed that in outlook proxy setting, the msstd setting gets pointed to the
first CAS server URL automatically.
This auto discovery is creating hell. Above this out office assistance is not
working when NOT connected to domain or not logged on to domain. So now people
from internet and people logged on to different domain cannot put out office.
Can someone throw some light on this. Not sure what’s wrong.
Praveen R