RE: strange dllhost and email

  • From: "Chris Adams" <Chris.Adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 15:20:19 +0100

The "normal" DLLHOST.EXE application usually sits in <SYSTEM
DRIVE>:\WINNT\System32 and is roughly 6k.

The "Infected" DLLHOST.EXE from Nachi et al. is in  <SYSTEM
DRIVE>:\WINNT\System32\Wins\ and is about 10k.

DLLHOST.EXE is used to run COM+ components.

You may want to check the location and size of your DLLHOST.EXE file to see if
you're infected or not.

Chris.