RE: strange SMTP addresses and domain names

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 22:46:10 -0800

The default recipient policy which governs the auto creation of addresses
uses the domain of AD for the policy. Therefore, since you are using an
e-mail server with an illegal FQDN, you will have to modify the default
policy or create a new one.

FYI, unless you are using a gateway for this server, having a non-traceable
HELO can and will cause problems.

John Tolmachoff
eServices For You