RE: stop email bounce

  • From: "Taylor, George" <gtaylor@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 08:25:53 -0700

Look at the Delivery configuration of your SMTP server.  In there you
can set the retry options on your outgoing messages that don't make it
the first time, most likely all your retries are being used up in the
first hour.  Even if the issue is not your internet connection being
down, such as another companies server being down, you'll still have
issues.  Set your retries to match your service gaurantee and you should
be good.

George Taylor
Systems Programmer
Regional Health Inc.