[ExchangeList] Re: srp status: disconnected [BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express 5.0]

  • From: "Howard Rappaport" <howie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 15:04:58 -0400

For any version of BlackBerry Enterprise Server an SRP may be connected / used
one at a time.  For each instance you must have a
unique SRP.

You need to call RIM T-Support and indicate that you've used an SRP at two
locations simultaneously and you need it unlocked.  Prior
to calling stop the BlackBerry Dispatcher service on both servers and set the
service to disabled to ensure it doesn't start up
again on its own.

Once it has been unlocked you can use the SRP at one site and then you'll need
to get another for the other site.

There is no limitation to the number of BESX allowed on a single network only
the number of times an SRP may be actively connected
to RIMs NOC.