[ExchangeList] Re: sql server 2005 express sp3 fails to install blackberry server

  • From: Steve Moffat <Steve@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 22:28:14 +0000

You need to uninstall sql server 2005 express sp3 manually.

Start Registry Editor, and then locate the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

In the left pane, click each GUID. For each GUID that you click, look for a display name in the right pane that matches Microsoft SQL 2005 embedded Edition. When you see a display name that matches the name, copy the value of the Key named UninstallString

Open a Command-Window (Start->run->cmd)

Paste the Copied string.

Append  CALLERID=OCSETUP.EXE MsiExec.exe /X{BDD79957-5801-4A2D-B09E-852E7FA64D01} CALLERID=OCSETUP.EXE

There you go. Don't forget to reboot.