[ExchangeList] specifying SSL port when creating HTTP virutal server in Exchange System Manager

  • From: "Gabriel Vong" <gabrielvong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 11:11:04 +1200

Hi all,

My client wants to pur forward another instance of OWA site so they can customise the login page, look and feel.
I believe the right track to do this is to create another instance of HTTP virtual server in ESM. However I come across the following problems, hopefully you can shed some lights in this:

1)  in simple http world, I thought I can create another instance of OWA by simply copying the exchweb directory in another place (ie a copy of website), and pointing the new website to the directory. However, some of the coding is using server variable and still seems to reference to the default OWA site. did anyone have experiences on this before and point out what needs to be changed?

2)  I created in the Front end server a new HTTP virtual server with a new host name/ip address. However when i configure the ip address/host/port/ssl settings, the SSL port field is grayed out and I can't put in anything to it. The impact is, since ESM overwrites the settings in IIS, it overwrites the SSL port settings i specified in IIS. Any insights of what i am missing?

--
Cheers,
Gabriel