RE: smtpvs, smtps and single natted ip

  • From: "Harondel J. Sibble" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 13:48:09 -0800

On 16 Nov 2005 at 20:45, Simon Butler wrote:

> Simple.
> Put a second internal IP address on to the Exchange server, then
> configure each of the SMTP VS to use one or other of the IP addresses.
> Then on your NAT device, send port 25 to one IP and the other port to
> the other IP.

Got it I think, what's confusing me is the second ip address internally. Are
you suggesting I hookup the second nic in the server, give it a different ip
address and then nat that, or are you saying to alias another address to the
same nic that currently accepts on port 25?
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting
help@xxxxxxxxx (use pgp keyid 0x3AD5C11D)