RE: smtp connector

  • From: Tom Kern <tpkern@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 22:10:24 -0500

Thanks.

I have 8 servers in my routing group and they use a smtp connector which has
2 bridgehead servers.
Unfortuanetly these bridgeheads are also used for another smtp connector
which needs to be up.

if i stop the smtp service on the bridgeheads, mail will not go out to tje
internet in that routing group. correct?

however mail will also not go out the other connector as well.

i guess i can move one bridgehead off the first connector and then stop the
smtp serivce on he remaining bridgehead.
that should work.
yes?

p.s- i thought the smtp connector has a tab called  delievery options which
you can set to never run?
wouldn't that stop mail from going out?

i assume if the only smtp connector is down, all the smp servers in that RG
wont send mail out until it comes back up?

thanks a lot