RE: smtp connector

  • From: "Michael B. Smith" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 20:51:16 -0500

1)     Take a look at:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/e2k3/e2k3/_wmiref_cl_Exchange_Qu
eueSMTPVirtualServer.asp and
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/e2k3/e2k3/_wmiref_cl_Exchange_Qu
eueVirtualServer.asp

2)     You can't really "stop" a connector. You can stop or freeze a
queue or stop a virtual server or stop a service. A connector is
basically a logical queue of a virtual server that gets special
treatment by the virtual server.

If you stop the virtual server, then it depends on how the e-mail is
queued. MAPI e-mail (coming from Outlook) will just sit there. SMTP
e-mail will sit in the source queue, on whatever server is holding,
until its timeout interval has passed. No new e-mail will be accepted by
the virtual server.