Re: slightly off mark but, I need help

  • From: "KEN MORRIS" <KMORRIS@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 10:46:52 -0500

One thing I would recommend is to ensure that someone else is hosting a
backup record of your DNS.  The redundancy helps if you have any problems put
the web server in a DMZ use it to host the external DNS records as well.
You will still need to get the pipe from someone, and what we have done is to
use them as our Secondary DNS servers. (No extra charge is good)
I had to go through this about two years ago and it isn't that bad to do,
quite fun actually. Found out that years before we had our own IP and it
wasn't being used. Now we pay for traffic only. You'll need to look at the FW
to see what needs to be changed as well, since you will be using your own IP.
Our FW now has 5 NIC's as we also have a few branches and it kept things
interesting when we went through it.
Hope this helps, good luck
Ken