slightly off mark but, I need help

  • From: "Stelley, Douglas" <dstelley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:03:59 -0500

OK Folks, I know this is an Exchange forum, but there are some very
smart folks here who may have a clue about this.
We just got word our ISP is discontinuing service to us.
We are a hospital, and don't require too much in the way of service.
We have a T1, host our own mail (Exchange 2000)(2-3000 messages/day),
have internal DNS servers, have a web site (not too many hits/month) and
provide internet access for ourselves (about 200 internet facing pc's)
through our own firewall. Our radiology dept sends too many images to
use a cable provider, and forget dialup service.
We do have many many VPN's set up for venders who need access to servers
for maintenance etc. (standard windows 2000 vpn)
Here's my question: What would it take for us to host our own ISP? Seems
to me our external ISP really provides mainly DNS services to us. web &
mail services we do on our own.
Has anyone here done something similar? What about getting addresses? We
would need a minimum of 25 Internet address assigned to us.
We have about 3 weeks to make a change over, and I need to come up with
a list of options/prices ASAP. any help would be hugely appreciated.
-Doug Stelley

the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any release, dissemination,
have received this communication in error please notify the author immediately
by replying to this message and deleting the original message. Thank you.