RE: simple(?) question

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 09:32:11 -0800

1.      In a AD domain (Windows 2000 or Windows 2003) there are no PDCs or
BDCs. The first DC has a role known as the PDC Emulator.
2.      If you have a child domain, the clients of that child domain MUST
USE the DNS server for that child domain, which sounds like would be the DC
for that child domain, else domain communications will not work properly. A
child domain can not use the same DNS zone of the parent. If the requirement
is that clients of the child domain have to use DNS of the parent domain,
that is a major flaw in the design that will cause problems.

John Tolmachoff

eServices For You