setting up an a.u.t.o-r.e.p.l.y in outlook

  • From: "A. Michael Salim" <msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 02:57:45 -0400 (EDT)

I am running Exchange 2003.  I have a user who needs to set up an
a.u.t.o-r.e.p.l.y so that when anyone send them an email, they will
receive a response.  The a.u.t.o-re.p.l.y needs to be server-side, not
dependent on Outlook being up all the time.  Every email that is sent to
this user needs to be sent an a.u.t.o-r.e.p.l.y (for business/legal
reasons).  It has nothing to do with the user being away from their
office.  The a.u.t.o-r.e.p.l.y needs to happen in all cases, for every
email received, every day (not once per day either).

Is there a way to configure this?  The user also needs to be able to
customize their message, presumably in Outlook.

Any ideas?  Help would be greatly appreciated!

TIA and best regards

PS:  In case you are wondering about the funky spelling, I had to do this
to avoid having the message being rejected.