setting up an a.u.t.o-r.e.p.l.y in outlook

  • From: "A. Michael Salim" <msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 02:57:45 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I am running Exchange 2003.  I have a user who needs to set up an
a.u.t.o-r.e.p.l.y so that when anyone send them an email, they will
receive a response.  The a.u.t.o-re.p.l.y needs to be server-side, not
dependent on Outlook being up all the time.  Every email that is sent to
this user needs to be sent an a.u.t.o-r.e.p.l.y (for business/legal
reasons).  It has nothing to do with the user being away from their
office.  The a.u.t.o-r.e.p.l.y needs to happen in all cases, for every
email received, every day (not once per day either).

Is there a way to configure this?  The user also needs to be able to
customize their message, presumably in Outlook.

Any ideas?  Help would be greatly appreciated!

TIA and best regards
Mike

PS:  In case you are wondering about the funky spelling, I had to do this
to avoid having the message being rejected.