setting passwords in OWA

  • From: "A. Michael Salim" <msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 11:46:06 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I am running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 (IIS6), and users are not able
to set passwords through OWA.  I have followed the steps in this xcellent
article:

"Securing Exchange Server 2003 & Outlook Web Access"
http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Securing-Exchange-Server-2003-Outlook-Web-Access-Chapter5.html

which has a detailed section on enabling passwords, and I have created the
IISADMPWD virtual directory, performed the registry hack to enable the
"Change Password" button in OWA etc.  Users can now see the button for
"Change Password" in Options, but on clicking it, they get a window with a
404 error message rather than the password change screen.

Any ideas or suggestions?

best regards
Mike