RE: server side solution for moving attachments from inbox (space concerns)

  • From: "Sarbjit Singh Gill" <ssgill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 21:38:17 +0800

Hi Rick
You should look into Windows SharePoint Services from Microsoft.
It is an add on to a Windows 2003 Server. The WSS site created on the Server
2003, integrates into office applications like outlook 2003. WORD etc.. So
when a user sends an email with attachment, he/she have two options:
1. Send a regular attachment.
2. Send attachment with Sharepoint (called workspace) option.With this
option, OUTLOOK from the sender will create a document workspace or use an
existing workspace to store the attachment on the WSS server. A URL is added
in the email to indicate the location of the document. The rececipient will
see a URL and  in the received mail. Permission is automatically assigned to
the documents workspace base on the CC and TO list of the email.
There is a great FAQ for WSS at http://