RE: server 2000 VPN[Scanned]

  • From: "steve.alcock" <steve.alcock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 16:37:21 -0000

Simon wrote :

Steve - assuming (perhaps wrongly) that your using a DSL gateway router you
should refer to the routers vendor website for VPN setup ( etc ) ........

I may seem to know what I am talking about but I am very new to win servers
let alone VPN ................

We are using BT as the ADSL ISP, we have an Eicon wireless router that
allows VPN through, a ciso pix firewall, ( hopefully both setup right ),
then the win2000 server with exchange, and win 2000 / XP Pro clients.

I have a win2003 server system in the techlab and I setup the " internal "
PPTP and L2TP VPN's via a superb document without any problems, it took you
through step by step at all inputs and got it right first time.

Also not so for the 2000 " step guides " I can't even get internal PPTP /
L2TP to work........ hence my quest

I am in the UK but I thought a little more background into what I am trying
to do may help before I do so.......

Many thanks

Steve