send on behalf of distribution or security group

  • From: "Ara Avvali" <ara@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 12:45:23 -0700

Good afternoon,

I made a security group and added 3 users to it. Then I Gave the group
an exchange box emails address. It works fine if I send an email from
outside to that email address and goes to everyone. Then I added the
group itself to security tab of group to be able to send as using
advanced feature. Restarted the system attendant which automatically
restart information store but still when those guys go to from option
and select the group to do a reply to all on behalf of group instead of
themselves, it will come back as you don't have permission.

Then I followed some instruction from here and still no luck

Does anyone have a solution for this? Exchange, outlook and windows 2003
all with service pack 1

Much apperciated