RE: securing AD parameters

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:20:56 -0500

Hmm... Not sure this is a great idea, but the concept I was looking at was
changing default permissions for objects in the schema:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?did=1&scid=kb;en-us;265399
&
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/standard/p
roddocs/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/stan
dard/proddocs/en-us/sag_ADschemaReplicateAttribute.asp

Use that very very very carefully.  You could ruin the entire AD Forest
implementation irreparably in nothing flat.  It could also solve your
problem if used correctly.

If this is for a subset of objects instead, this might be a better way to
go:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/standard/p
roddocs/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/stan
dard/proddocs/en-us/dsadmin_set_permissions.asp

I suggest testing to make sure you have what you want coupled with careful
documentation of current settings.

Al