[ExchangeList] Re: sbs 2008 ssl cert replacement - how to do

  • From: "Harondel J. Sibble" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 21:02:55 -0800

On 11 Feb 2010 at 22:19, Simon Butler wrote:

> Certificates in SBS 2008 are a real pain.

Ugh, the more I read about this, the more complicated it seems to be :-(

> Whatever you do, you don't use IIS for the certificate generation. You have
> two options.
> 1. You use the wizard.
> 2. You use the Exchange management shell.

EMS it is then!
> Instructions for doing the certificate request, installation etc are on my
> blog here: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/archive/2008/05/30/78.aspx

I like this part ".....without wanting to poke out your eyes with a spoon"

I am long past that point :-( <sigh>
> I should be doing an SBS 2008 certificate installation within the next
> couple of days and I will document and blog the exact steps as this isn't
> the first time this question has come up.

So far I've followed your article in which you recommend the digicert wizard
that outputs the correct exchange management shell command to generate the
csr. I've sent it off and we'll see what happens....

Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting
Creating Solutions for the small and medium business computer user.
help@xxxxxxxxx (use pgp keyid 0x3AD5C11D) http://www.pdscc.com
(604) 739-3709 (voice)

MSExchange Articles and Tutorials: