RE: repository?

  • From: "Walkowiak, Matt" <Matt.Walkowiak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 13:16:15 -0500

I'd do this with a home drive.  Create a home folder (d:\home) and give
it perms of Administrators and SYSTEM with full access.  Then create one
folder for each user.  Give it the same name as their username to make
any scripts easier to write.  Give these folders inherited permissions,
then add that user with Full Control.  Now, share each folder, but in
the name of the share, stick a dollar sign ($) at the end of the share
name, making it a hidden share (security by obscurity).  I usually do
not change the permissions of the share since the NTFS perms take care
of that.  Also, if a user wants to give another user access to a part of
their home drive, they can, since they have Full Control.

The other nice thing about this whole process is you can implement Disk
Quotas.  All the files will be "owned" by the users, so it will go
against their quota.

Now, if you wanted everything to be viewable in Outlook 2000 / Exchange,
then I cannot help you.  Sorry.

Matt Walkowiak