RE: reply to all by default

  • From: "William Lefkovics" <william@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 00:55:24 -0700

I think this is just a user training issue.  Select reply all when needed.

Munging (changing the reply-to header) is not easily done in this case.

However, a public folder could be used as an intermediary.
For your Distribution Group called Managers, use Outlook to create a
mail-enabled public folder called ManagersList.
Using Outlook, use the Folder Assistant on the Public Folder ManagersList to
create a rule to forward to the Managers distribution group.  Leave the
method as 'Standard'.
Then hide the Distribution Group Managers from address lists.

Users will think the public folder address 'ManagersList' is the
distribution group.
The reply-to address will be the public folder which forwards to the
distribution group meeting your requirement.

The downside is that each message will show FW: and Forwarded By Folder
Assistant Rule (I forget the exact text here)

Added bonus is the public folder can serve as an archive of posts to the
distribution group.

Alternatively, I think you could create a new Outlook form without the Reply
button.  But then, there may be an instance where a user might want to only
reply to a single individual when an email was sent to many.

William Lefkovics