Re: reply to address problems

  • From: "Tim Sutton" <t.sutton@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 16:39:55 +0100

Cheers for the quick response, Danny!

No recipient policies in place and their primary SMTP address was set to their
e-mail address (eg: m.leeks@xxxxxxx).

However it looks like not only was there 2 X400's for their individual e-mail
address but that one X400 had been set to primary as well. I've deleted them
and will wait and see what happens :)

Regards
Tim Sutton
IT Systems Manager

Troup Bywaters & Anders
Eastgate House
10 Eastgate
LEEDS LS2 7JL
Tel: 01132432241
Fax: 01132424024
E-mail: t.sutton@xxxxxxxxxx

Privilege and Confidentiality Notice
This email and any attachments to it are intended only for the party to
whom they are addressed. They may contain privileged and/or
confidential information. If you have received this transmission in
error. please notify the sender immediately and delete any digital
copies and destroy any paper copies. Thank you.

From: Tim Sutton <t.sutton@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 16:14:36 +0100
Subject: [exchangelist] reply to address problems
To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi all!

was wondering if anyone's come across this problem before: when a user sends an
e-mail out, the reply to address is changed to something like
this: /o=TBA/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=ML_Leeds

It looks like the X400 information is being sent out as opposed to the e-mail
address but I can't for the life of me work out why. any suggestions, folks?

I'm running a windows 2000 and MS Exchange 2000 server setup with the users on
both Win2K Pro and XP Pro (SP1) running Office 2003.

Regards
Tim Sutton
IT Systems Manager

Troup Bywaters & Anders
Eastgate House
10 Eastgate
LEEDS LS2 7JL
Tel: 01132432241
Fax: 01132424024
E-mail: t.sutton@xxxxxxxxxx

Privilege and Confidentiality Notice
This email and any attachments to it are intended only for the party to whom
they are addressed. They may contain privileged and/or confidential
information. If you have received this transmission in error. please notify the
sender immediately and delete any digital copies and destroy any paper copies.
Thank you.

 Groupshield 6.0 - Troup Bywaters & Anders  Privilege and Confidentiality

 World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com  Leading Network
Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
 No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org  Windows Security
Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/  Network Security Library: