RE: replocating exchange server

  • From: "steve alcock" <steve.alcock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 13:38:59 +0100

Hi,

I am using win2000 server exchange server on the same server.

My question is :

Is it possible to replicate the exchange server i.e if the domain /
exchange server dies the replicating server takes over as though nothing
has happened ? ( we have the domain side of the server doing this fine
but not the exchange side of things )

Many thanks

Steve Alcock

   in partnership with

Calder House

Spring Lane

Colne

Lancs

BB8 9BD

www.calderglen.net <http://www.calderglen.net/>

phone : +44 (0) 1282 871717

Date:                30/07/2005

Time:               13:54:35

User:                N/A

Process STORE.EXE" (PID=1928).  Dsaccess could not find any Global
Catalog servers in the enterprise.  Promote one or more of your Domain
Controllers to a Global Catalog to allow dsaccess to function properly.

For more information, click

Has anybody any idea as to why exchange fails when the primary domain
controller fails??

Also I am hoping to replicate exchange server so that it is running on
both servers, so that no matter which server goes down, everything is
still operational. Does anybody know firstly if this is possible, and if
so, is there a tutorial to show me how??

Many thanks

  Paul alcock for Steve Alcock

Calderglen Computers

Calder House